Johannes Ravele President
I, Johannes Tendani Ravele, have been a pharmacist since December 1991. I qualified at the University of the North, enrolled for a Diploma in Business Management in 1991, got three distinctions, a Diploma in Manager Development in 1992, where I passed with first class and got a merit award for best student, both from Damelin Management School, and a Masters in Business Leadership in 1993 from UNISA. I also acquired a Certificate Course in Corporate Governance from UNISA in 2008.
I have done numerous courses related to the profession for personal development and empowerment. I have a passion for the profession. I have, and am still training Pharmacist Interns and Pharmacist Assistants. I derive pleasure, satisfaction and fulfilment from Continuous Professional Development. It puts me at a high level of competence and I remain knowledgeable in any subject that I involve myself in. I am the type of person that pays attention to detail. I do not just accept things as they are, but always vow to make things better for everyone.
My leadership roles include:
- 2019 - current: Chairman of the Advisory Committee, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
- 2019 - current: Chairman of the Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa Pretoria Branch.
- 2019 - current: Deputy President of the South African Association of the Community Pharmacist (SAACP), National
- 2018 - current: Member of the Pharmacy Month Planning Committee, National Department of Health.
- 2017 - current: Member of the Pharmacy Advisory Board, Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals.
- 2017 - current: Honorary Treasurer of the Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa (PSSA).
- 2015 - 2019: Honorary Treasurer of the South African Association of Community Pharmacists (SAACP).
- 2014 - current: Member of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa (PSSA) .
- 2014 - current: Member of the NEC of the SAACP.
- 2012 - 2019: Chairperson of the SAACP, Pretoria branch.
- 2011 - 2012: Deputy Chairperson of the SAACP, Pretoria branch.
- 2010 - current: Member of the Executive committee of both the SAACP and the PSSA, Pretoria branch.
- 2009 - current: Member of the Advisory Committee, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tshwane University of Technology (TUT).
Serving the SAACP at the NEC level will enhance both me and the profession in a synergistic way. I am ready, raring and prepared to serve this profession that I love so much.
I still believe that pharmacy is a noble profession and I can contribute in making it more appealing to the professionals and the public at large.
Simbongile Pambuka Vice-President
I am Simbongile Patrick Pambuka famously know as Sim. I am a young passionate pharmacist who loves his profession. Currently I am the responsible pharmacist and practice manager of Magers Pharmacy (with permanent staff of 40) based in Eastern Cape and also the Managing Director of S SQUARED VENTURES (PTY) LTD, a health|consult|projects company.
2009 internship at Aspen Pharmacare,2010 Community Service Pharmacist for SA Military Health Services in Port Elizabeth,2011 Production Pharmacist at Aspen Pharmacare,2011-2016 Assistant Pharmacy Manager at Magers Pharmacy.2017-date Responsible Pharmacist and Practice Manager of Magers Pharmacy.2019-date Managing Director of S SQUARED VENTURES (PTY) LTD
- 2007: Executive Committee Member (Community Service Projects Manager) Of PEPSA (Port Elizabeth Pharmacy Students Association) & 2008: Advisory Committee Member of PEPSA
- 2007 & 2008: Supplemental instruction leader (facilitator) for 2nd year pharmacology at NMMU.
- 2008: Head-usher at His People Campus Ministries
- 2008: Vice–chairperson of NMMU Student Alumni Society
- 2010 & 2011: Executive committee member of PSSA Cape Midlands branch
- 2012-2014: Executive committee member of the PSSA Border and Eastern Districts branch
- 2012-date: Society Steward of Wesley Methodist Church in Queenstown
- 2014-2019: Branch chairman of the South African Association of Community Pharmacists (SAACP)
- 2014-date: Circuit Steward of the Methodist Church of Southern Africa in Queenstown
- 2015-date: PSSA Border and Eastern Districts Branch chairman & PSSA NEC member
- 2015-date: SAACP National Executive Committee member
- 2017-2019: Trustee at Aspen Body Corporate (Bellbouy Property Group)
- 2015-date: Training Manager at Magers Pharmacy (with staff of 42)
- 2013-date: A SAPC registered Tutor for Pharmacist Assistants (basic and post basic) and Pharmacist interns.
- 2007: PEPSA won the best NMMU academic society award for 2007
- 2007: PEPSA won the best NMMU community service award for 2007
- 2008: Won the best industrial pharmacy poster presentation at Annual Final Years Pharmacy Present Week
B. Pharm (NMMU,2009)
MA (Health and Welfare Management) (NMU)
South African Pharmacy Council-registered Family Planning Agent
Currently a 1st year student for PCDT course
From MA (Health and Welfare Management) degree
1.General & Strategic Management in Health & Welfare Services 2. Research Methods & Statistics in Health & Welfare Management 3. Financial Management in Health & Welfare Services 4. Health & Welfare Management Systems 5. Managing Human Resources in Health & Welfare Services 6. Health and Welfare Policy Development 7. Advanced Project Management.